Welcome to an environment that will challenge and inspire, educate and develop. Splitboarding is the natural progression for snowboarders wishing to get away from the crowds, explore the backcountry, go deeper into the mountains, ascend peaks and ride untracked snow.
The Aspiring Guides Splitboarding Course provides a better understanding of the avalanche phenomenon and safe decision making when splitboarding. Topics can be tailored to suit the individual and the group and may include:
- Search & Rescue; using transceivers, probing, shovelling, small group tactics
- Snowpack interpretation; layers, stability tests, variation over time and area
- Route finding and terrain selection for splitboarding
- Weather systems; mountain weather interpretation, observations
- Trip planning and preparation for the best splitboarding tours.
- Uphill travel techniques
- How to use different splitboard and snowboard-mountaineering equipment
We'd love to teach you the skills you need to enjoy backcountry splitboarding and minimise risks.