Please contact us if you are interested in any of the following positions:
- Mountain Guide: IFMGA certified Guide or NZMGA Climbing or Assistant Guide
- Trekking Guide
Tim Steward, Chief Guide
QUALIFIED MOUNTAIN GUIDES
We are seeking quality IFMGA, Aspirant or NZMGA Climbing & Assistant Climbing Guides for our winter climbing and ski touring programmes this coming winter 2018 and onwards into the summer 18/19 climbing season.
For the summer season, guides must be in Wanaka from late October for training and familiarisation.
Expressions of interest are being taken for Trekking Guide Work with our Wild Walks summer trekking programme.
Aspiring Guides are looking for expressions of interest for guides interested in joining our 2018/19 summer trekking guide team. This role would suit someone who is enthusiastic, reliable and able to relate well with clientele from all over the world. High level of hiking fitness is essential.
Desirable attributes for this position are:
- Prior hiking experience in the Mount Aspiring National Park region, particularly Gillespie & Rabbit Passes.
- Current Pre-Hospital Emergency Care certificate
- Minimum class 1 drivers licence (P endorsement preferred).
- Formal outdoor qualifications e.g. NZMGA Hard Ice Guide or Alpine Trekking Guide or NZOIA Bush 1 or 2 orAlpine 1 .
- Experience in leading groups in the outdoors.
- Any specialist naturalist skills (plant, geography, local history etc).
- NZ residency preferred
Guides need to be based in Wanaka for the summer 2018/19 season and be available for training during November and to begin work immediately after Christmas through to Easter 2019.